Scratch Assay Starter Kit
for Wound Healing and Cell Migration Assays
BioTek’s Scratch Assay Starter Kit includes everything a researcher needs to implement automated, kinetic cell migration and scratch wound assays, in conjunction with a BioTek Lionheart™ Automated Microscope or Cytation™ Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader.
Each Scratch Assay Starter Kit includes:
- BioTek’s AutoScratch™ Wound Making Tool to automatically create repeatable scratch wounds
- The Scratch Assay App software: Automatically calculates key statistics including wound width, % confluence and maximum healing rate
- Sample packages of 24-well and 96-well microplates
- Reagents to ensure the best scratch performance, assay repeatability and easy maintenance
Other available accessories for scratch assay workflows include:
- PN 02682 - Case of 100 (individually wrapped) Corning® Costar® 24-well Clear TC-Treated Plates - flat bottom, polystyrene, sterile, lid
- PN 02683 - Case of 100 (20 packs of 5) Corning® 96-well Clear TC-Treated Plates - flat bottom, polystyrene, sterile, lid
- PN 1750006 - Set of 8 spare scratch pins for AutoScratch Wound Making Tool
- PN 1753008 - Cleaning reagents for AutoScratch Wound Making Tool
- Incorporation of a Novel, Automated Scratch Tool and Kinetic Label-Free Imaging to Perform Wound Healing Assays
Automated Scratch Wound Assay Wash Step
using MultiFlo FX Multi-Mode Dispenser
Upon completion of automated wound creation using the AutoScratch tool, automated plate washing can be achieved using the MultiFlo FX to remove cells dislodged from the plate bottom. A series of three plate washes are completed in a sterile environment followed by media and/or inhibitor addition prior to performing cell migration studies. Learn more at www.biotek.com/multiflofx.
Simple installation and implementation
Consistent, repeatable wounds
After kinetic image capture, the Scratch Assay App automatically calculates % confluence, wound width and maximum healing rate (max V).
Automated, multi-step cleaning and decontamination