Stem Cell Research
Research into the reprogramming of somatic cells into pluripotent stem cells received the Nobel Prize in 2012. The long term importance of this research resides in the use of stem cells for regenerative therapies; for the short term, however these cells represent a potential unlimited source of highly physiologically relevant cells, akin to human primary cells, that can be used as drug discovery reagents. The process of differentiating stem cells into the somatic cell of choice is a long process requiring careful culturing and typically immunofluorescence techniques to determine progenitor cells and terminally differentiated somatic cells. BioTek’s imaging products in conjunction with liquid handling and BioSpa™ 8, an automated CO2 incubator have been designed to enable automated stem cell differentiation.
- An Automated Walk-Away System to Perform Differentiation of 3D Mesenchymal Stem Cell Spheroids
- Automation and Image-Based Analysis of a Hanging Drop Micro-Hole Plate Model to Create and Differentiate 3D Mesenchymal Stem Cell Spheroids for Downstream Tissue Formation
- BioSpa Live Cell Imaging System
- Cytation 5 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader
- Cytation 1 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader
Learn more about Stem Cell Differentiation applications - search our Application Notes and technical documentation in Resources.